Welcome to The Game Collecting Network
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest! We're holding our New Years 2015 Raffle
Check it out!

Photo

[Community] What is Your Biggest Game Purchase Regret?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

megalan7

megalan7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
In the spirit of fostering conversation on the forum, here is my question for you, what is your biggest regret when it comes to a game purchase? Be it a new or retro game, what purchase you always despise when you think about it. What about the purchase sucked? Is there a story behind it?Here is one of mine, Star Wars the Force Unleashed II: Collector\'s Edition.

I am a fan of Star Wars and loved the first force unleashed game. It was cool to finally see lightsabers taking of limbs, and playing with the physics engine in the game using the force was a blast. When a sequel was announced, I was incredibly excited. I like the game so much I decided to put out the extra $20 to get the CE for it. The CE included a steel case, some exclusive DLC ( a costume ), and a mimobot flash drive of the main character. I went to the midnight release for the game with a friend which was fun, as the gamestop was giving away posters, wallets, and any other merchandise they no longer wanted. I get home from school the next day and beat the game....in about 4 hours. The game has no multiplayer, and no end-game to play around with. It was barely a step-up from Force Unleashed 1, and was about half as long. I paid $80 for a game that barely cracked 4 hours of playtime. What made it worse, the non CE version of the game was discounted to $40 after about 2 weeks, and fell below the cost of the first game in about 3 months.

I cannot even say this was a good investment, as the collector\'s edition only has a value of about $20-$25 right now.

So there\'s my biggest current game purchase regret, what is yours?

Click here to view the article

Milenko

Milenko

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

I\'d have to say my biggest recent regret was pre-ording Duke Nukem Balls of Steel Edition. Don\'t get me wrong, it was a fun game.. But god damn did that special edition suck.

PlayOnPodcast

PlayOnPodcast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
Pat B. here from the Play On! Podcast, I hate to say it but, Im beginning to regret purchasing a PS4. There\'s just no games for it. Ok, there\'s some games available but just a couple are console exclusives. PSN has done little to offer any real quality game experiences for the system as well. I know there\'s a slew of new games in development but pretty much since the launch of the PS4, it\'s pretty much become that thing I play Resogun on.

megalan7

megalan7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

That pretty much sounds like every console when you first buy it, maybe 1 or 2 games and launch, then nothing for months.  Same thing happened with my 3DS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users